Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Twelve Apostles


I was recently commissioned to paint The Twelve Apostles, and I immediately jumped at the opportunity to do so. I always wanted to paint an illustration that was religious themed, so I put a lot of thought and care into this project. The illustration was very challenging and time consuming, I must admit; Never before have I painted an illustration featuring such a large cast of characters, but I was up for the challenge.

This painting will be featured in an upcoming publication as well titled "The Vested World", and will be available sometime of March of next year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is fantastic! May i have the chance to use this image for our website, its called "FAITHBOOK", and it contains all the teachings of the Catholic church. I wanted to use this image as a button for our "APOSTLES CREED" bookcase. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you and Godbless!

Anonymous said...

Hi this is fantastic! May i have the chance to use this image for our website, its called "FAITHBOOK", and it contains all the teachings of the Catholic church. I wanted to use this image as a button for our "APOSTLES CREED" bookcase. Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you and Godbless!

cgmythology said...

Hi Reann,

Thank you! Unfortunately this is a commission piece so the client has full rights to the image, meaning it can't be used elsewhere.

Aneel Aranha said...

How do I go about commissioning a similar painting?

cgmythology said...

Hi Aneel,

Feel free to email me at: cgaddict@live.com to discuss the commission.