Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Vampire's Glare (Updated)


 I recently had a chance to rework this painting.  I revised the face heavily, giving it much more depth, and detailing the features significantly.  Incorporated a lot of texture work as well to enrich the image as a whole.  Overall I'm quite pleased with this image.

.......................................................................................................................

This image was illustrated for Dusk: A Vampire's Tale (coming this Winter on Facebook). I wanted to do a different take on a Vampire, something a bit more exotique looking so I chose a golden theme for the image. The skin tones we're a lot of fun to work on as well, as they came out pretty much exactly how I envisioned them. I wanted to preserve the golden color theme, so I made sure not to keep the skin to light or desaturated, which I feel makes for a richer painting.

No comments: